Need to access SSRS reports through Mobile/Smart Phone - iphone, Blackberry, Windows iPhone, Samsung RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created SSRS 2008 Reports and deployed to sharepoint 2010 portal. These reports are access from Laptops and Desktops.

Now our requirement has been extended to access these reports from Mobiles/Smarts phone such as iPhone, Blackberry, Samsung, Windows Phone..............

I have no idea what to do to access these reports through Mobiles/Smarts Phone. Is it need specific development and deployment? Will you please help me what should I do.

These reports will be deploying in sharepoint portal and will be access through Mobiles/Smarts Phone.

Thanks.

Best Regards
    Kashif

Monday, January 7, 2013 7:32 AM

Answers

• Hi Kashif,

In SSRS 2008 R2 or lower version, not all report functionality is supported by all browsers or a mobile device. Since SQL Server 2012 SP1 is released, Reporting Services supports viewing and basic interactivity with reports on Apple iOS devices with the Apple Safari browser.

In your scenario, you mainly need to configure the SharePoint 2010 for mobile devices. SharePoint Server can use either Internet or intranet topology. For the detailed information, please see:

For the Browser Support of SSRS 2008, please see:
    Planning for Browser Support

Note: There will be more limits when viewing the reports from mobile devices.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Mike Yin Tuesday, January 15, 2013 1:19 AM
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 11:08 AM

All replies

• Look at these links:

http://www.keepitsimpleandfast.com/2011/02/viewing-reporting-service-reports-ssrs.html

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sqlreportingservices/thread/4426db72-4a03-4a90-962b-ef779a4e3d55

Regards,Eshwar.

Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Monday, January 7, 2013 8:47 AM
  • Hi Kashif,

In SSRS 2008 R2 or lower version, not all report functionality is supported by all browsers or a mobile device. Since SQL Server 2012 SP1 is released, Reporting Services supports viewing and basic interactivity with reports on Apple iOS devices with the Apple Safari browser.

In your scenario, you mainly need to configure the SharePoint 2010 for mobile devices. SharePoint Server can use either Internet or intranet topology. For the detailed information, please see:

For the Browser Support of SSRS 2008, please see:
    Planning for Browser Support

Note: There will be more limits when viewing the reports from mobile devices.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Mike Yin Tuesday, January 15, 2013 1:19 AM
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 11:08 AM
  • Trying is believing. You may try SSRS Ad Hoc Web Reporting and know immediately this is what you are looking for.

http://www.ssrsreporting.com

Yes, you can view and create SSRS reports from your mobile devices.

Monday, April 7, 2014 12:23 AM