OHSBE Installation issue - Mapping Kerberos token to OHSBE services RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to install OHSBE but face the following issue:

Mapping Identity of OHSBE WSE web service and OHSBE Windows service to Kerberos token - CSF\OHSBE30

My domain name is CSFDomain. While installing OHSBE I am not able to map Kerberos token - CSF\OHSBE30 to OHSBE WSE web service and OHSBE Windows service. The command Setspn fails, I tried several combinations without getting success:

C:\Program Files\Support Tools>setspn -A CSFDOMAIN\OHSBE30 CSFDOMAIN\OHSBE-Servi
    ce
    Registering ServicePrincipalNames for CN=OHSBE-Service,OU=CSF_OHSBE,OU=CSF-Admin
    istration-OU,DC=CSFDomain,DC=com
            CSFDOMAIN\OHSBE30
    Failed to assign SPN on account 'CN=OHSBE-Service,OU=CSF_OHSBE,OU=CSF-Administra
    tion-OU,DC=CSFDomain,DC=com', 0x20b5

C:\Program Files\Support Tools>setspn -A CSFDomain\OHSBE30 CSFDomain\OHSBE-Servi
    ce
    Registering ServicePrincipalNames for CN=OHSBE-Service,OU=CSF_OHSBE,OU=CSF-Admin
            CSFDomain\OHSBE30
    Failed to assign SPN on account 'CN=OHSBE-Service,OU=CSF_OHSBE,OU=CSF-Administra

C:\Program Files\Support Tools>setspn -A CSF\OHSBE30 CSFDomain\OHSBE-Service
            CSF\OHSBE30

Can anyone let me know how to get this issue resolved?

Thanks,

Ashish Malhotra

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 3:45 AM

Answers

• Setspn.exe  requires domain administrator privileges. So you login with domain administrator account to run the command successfully. Also SPN should contain forward slash.

Following is recommeded practice

setspn -A domainname/servicename domainname\serviceaccount

Thursday, September 21, 2006 4:30 AM

All replies

• Setspn.exe  requires domain administrator privileges. So you login with domain administrator account to run the command successfully. Also SPN should contain forward slash.

Following is recommeded practice

setspn -A domainname/servicename domainname\serviceaccount

Thursday, September 21, 2006 4:30 AM
  • Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your note - I can see that the setspn.exe command has the wrong form... Instead of this:

setspn -A CSFDOMAIN\OHSBE30 CSFDOMAIN\OHSBE-Service

Try this form - note the forward / after "CSFDOMAIN":

setspn -A CSFDOMAIN/OHSBE30 CSFDOMAIN\OHSBE-Service

That should now work... The interesting thing about setspn.exe is that the first identifier could be anything - it could be, for example:

setspn -A Forum/Answer CSFDOMAIN\OHSBE-Service

Thanks, Ashish!!!

-Rob.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 7:06 AM