Access Replication with Office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• I have 70 crew laptops collecting data in an Access database that problematically replicate when they dock in the evenings. The data is in the old 2003 .mdb format. The front ends are in Access 2014 format.

Will this all still work when we switch to Office 365?

Friday, January 13, 2017 10:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Unfortunately, I don't think it will since replication was removed starting with Access 2010. I don't think O365 will be any different.

However, all may not be lost. If you convert your tables into SharePoint Lists, you might still be able to take advantage of "offline" mode where users can continue to work while not connected to O365 and then Access will automatically sync the data once connection is re-established. You'll have to experiment if this will be enough for your situation.

Hope it helps...

Friday, January 13, 2017 11:21 PM
  • Hi Bradford Burke,

you can refer the table below.

Reference:

Discontinued features and modified functionality in Access 2013

if you think that this feature should be added again in Access then please submit your feedback to User Voice.

Access User Voice.

I agree with the suggestion given by .theDBguy.

similar question raised on Stakeoverflow. please refer the suggestion given by Albert D. Kallal. which is almost similar like the suggestion given by  .theDBguy.

Reference:

Looking for a substitute to access replication

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 16, 2017 2:25 AM