Create non editable word document using c#.net RRS feed

• Question

• User-1949221332 posted

Hi all,

I want to create a non editable word document using c#.net. Well i have already created a word document using "Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word" but can not figure out that how can i make it non editable.

Your help is highly appriciated.

Regards,

Ali bin zubair

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 7:33 AM

Answers

• User-1026295734 posted

object oMissing = System.Reflection.Missing.Value;

Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word._Document oDoc;

oDoc.Protect(Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.WdProtectionType.wdAllowOnlyReading, ref oMissing, ref oMissing, ref oMissing, ref oMissing);

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 8:45 AM

All replies

• User-1026295734 posted

oDoc.Protect(Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.WdProtectionType.wdAllowOnlyReading, ref oMissing, ref oMissing, ref oMissing, ref oMissing);

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 8:45 AM
  • User-1910946339 posted

Don't forget to set the operating system security on the document you create.  Otherwise, it is a simple matter to copy the text from a non-editable document, paste it in to a new document and save with the same name as the original document.

What are you trying to achieve by making the document non-editable?  I can always print the document and use correction fluid (or a pair of scissors and a photocopier) to change it!  To have the document not change it is more a matter of operating system security than it is of document properties.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 7:44 PM
  • User-1199946673 posted

Well i have already created a word document using "Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word

before you continue, you need to know this:

Microsoft does not currently recommend, and does not support, Automation of Microsoft Office applications from any unattended, non-interactive client application or component (including ASP, ASP.NET, DCOM, and NT Services), because Office may exhibit unstable behavior and/or deadlock when Office is run in this environment.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257757#kb2

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 8:27 PM
  • User-1949221332 posted

Thanks brother, it solves problem

Regards,

Ali bin zubair

Thursday, August 6, 2009 5:36 AM
  • User1176561268 posted

Hi...

You can use this code..

string filename= "myfilename.doc";
                    StreamWriter fp;

fp = File.CreateText(Server.MapPath("~/Resumes/") + filename);

fp.WriteLine(resume);

fp.Close();

this will create word document...Hope it helps..Please mark as answer  if its useful..

Thanks

Kinjal

Sharma Infoway

Thursday, October 8, 2009 8:42 AM