none
How to debug hybrid ASP and .Net Site in Visual Studio ? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a site which runs both asp and .net . The .Net is framework 2.0, and i am using Visual Studio 2005 to develop. Does anyone know how i can debug some or all of this site ?

I have found links for debugging in ASP, and although my Visual Studio session recognizes the breakpoints, it doesnt' appear to work yet. If i hit f5, i get an error:

"Error 1 It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\C2Intranet\C2Intranet\Web.config 49 "

I do have a virtual directory in IIS, it has an application name, so i assume that i should not be getting this error.

It sure would be nice to be able to debug.

Help is appreciated.
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 2:24 PM

Answers

• Thank you for Martina's kindly help.

Hi M_Parker_1170,

This forum is for the support of .NET Framework installation. Since your issue is related to ASP.NET, you could post your thread on ASP.NET Forum. This will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Wednesday, July 8, 2009 2:34 AM
    Friday, July 3, 2009 8:05 AM

All replies