Retrieve Data from item detail

Question

• Hi,

I'm new to windows app development.I got stuck at navigation and retrieving Data. I started a splitview app in visual studio express 2012. So on the start screen Groups are titled Tree Species,Pathogens.

Now on clicking tree species, in the item list detail i want to add a hyperlink for each item of tree group such that it navigates to new page and brings the itemdetail data from data group 2(pathogens)

[ eg : say in tree species u have pine tree. In pine tree detail i need a link titled pathogen-1 which is the name of the group2-item-1. And on clicking that link i need to get group-2-item-1 details in new page]

-> I am having problem of retrieving relavent data from group 2 on to blank page . PLease help me out of this

Saturday, July 19, 2014 2:22 AM

All replies

• Good to see new developers joining in!!! Mostly this is done via navigation parameter (which will be I'd in this case) and on navigated to event of page you get the navigation parameter, then get the details from data model. To get better help please post your working code on onedrive and post a link here.

-- Vishal Kaushik --

Please 'Mark as Answer' if my post answers your question and 'Vote as Helpful' if it helps you. Happy Coding!!!

Saturday, July 19, 2014 5:48 AM