none
Control of existing ribbons of outlook 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to access color categorize menu (in Tags which is in Home Tab) to add one more color category so I tried but its not reflecting to outlook.Could you please tell me what is the idMso of that Categorize of Outlook 2016.

<group idMso="GroupMailOptions" visible="true" >

<menu idMso="CategorizeMenu" visible="true"  >  
                  <button id="btn_category" label="Brown Category" />

</menu>

</group>

Thanks!

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 6:32 AM

Answers

• Hi Rajiuser1,

from your last post its looks like you had created the design and now you want to add the code to make it work.

did you try to visit the link provided by Slava Ivanov at Dev Network.

there is a code that can help you to achieve your requirement.

private void AddACategory()
    {
        Outlook.Categories categories =
            Application.Session.Categories;
        if (!CategoryExists("ISV"))
        {
            Outlook.Category category = categories.Add("ISV",
                Outlook.OlCategoryColor.olCategoryColorDarkBlue,
                Outlook.OlCategoryShortcutKey.olCategoryShortcutKeyCtrlF11);
        }
    }

if you did not check that then I suggest you to check it first and try to implement it.

if that solve your issue then mark the suggestion as an answer given by Slava Ivanov at Dev Network.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Rajiuser1 Tuesday, November 22, 2016 5:28 AM
    Thursday, November 17, 2016 8:58 AM

All replies

• Hello Raji,

You can't customize existing/built-in controls on the ribbon - add or remove items. Instead, you can add your own UI which looks like an existing one. For example, you can add your own ribbon group to the existing tab which can contain controls that looks like built-in ones. Note, you need to specify the idMso property for that.

Read more about the Fluent UI (aka Ribbon UI) in the following series of articles:

Customizing the 2007 Office Fluent Ribbon for Developers (Part 1 of 3)

Customizing the 2007 Office Fluent Ribbon for Developers (Part 2 of 3)

Customizing the 2007 Office Fluent Ribbon for Developers (Part 3 of 3)

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 12:43 PM
  • Hello,

As far as I understand you want to add your own category to the list. If so please refer to the following: How to: Enumerate and Add Categories

Hope this helps,

Slava Ivanov

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 1:43 PM
  • Thank you.

I have created new  UI which looks like an existing one.Now I have to give onAction to that particular color category (Brown category I mentioned in earlier post) which should work like existing color category.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 3:47 PM
  • Hi Rajiuser1,

from your last post its looks like you had created the design and now you want to add the code to make it work.

did you try to visit the link provided by Slava Ivanov at Dev Network.

there is a code that can help you to achieve your requirement.

private void AddACategory()
    {
        Outlook.Categories categories =
            Application.Session.Categories;
        if (!CategoryExists("ISV"))
        {
            Outlook.Category category = categories.Add("ISV",
                Outlook.OlCategoryColor.olCategoryColorDarkBlue,
                Outlook.OlCategoryShortcutKey.olCategoryShortcutKeyCtrlF11);
        }
    }

if you did not check that then I suggest you to check it first and try to implement it.

if that solve your issue then mark the suggestion as an answer given by Slava Ivanov at Dev Network.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Rajiuser1 Tuesday, November 22, 2016 5:28 AM
    Thursday, November 17, 2016 8:58 AM
  • Thank you deepak.

Yes you are correct,I have to add the code to make it work.But I am writing the code in VC++ (visual studio 2012) and using MAPI also.Refer https://github.com/luuksommers/MapiEx/tree/master/src/MAPIEx

Thank you

• Edited by Rajiuser1 Thursday, November 17, 2016 12:09 PM
    Thursday, November 17, 2016 12:08 PM
  • Hi Rajiuser1,

At present in that link only c# code is mentioned.

you had mentioned that you are developing using  c++.

so here only the way is you need to convert this c# code in to c++ to make it work and develop a code in c++ that can do the equivalent thing.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

Friday, November 18, 2016 3:04 AM
  • Can you please tell me what are the includes ??for that code
    Monday, November 21, 2016 7:57 AM