none
Does WCF Authentication support cookieless mode (specifically WCF RIA services with Silverlight)? RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to support user authentication when browser cookies are blocked. Can anyone tell me if this is supported using cookieless authentication and WCF RIA services. I have read a few articles that say it can be done, but have not found any examples to validate this approach. One person on the Silverlight forum said they didn't think it was supported, but no hard facts.

Thanks...

Warren

Friday, June 21, 2013 7:06 PM

Answers

• Hi, I agree with the comments by Colin here, and WCF RIA services is specially for Silverlight, suggest you follow up that case to get a better suggestion.
    • Marked as answer by highdownts Thursday, June 27, 2013 3:56 PM
    Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:56 AM
  • From what I have garnered from the Internet, this functionality is not supported out-of-the-box with WCF RIA services, so I am marking the last two entries as the answer to this question.

The answer is apparently NO... but... still nothing conclusive to support the NO.

Warren

Thursday, June 27, 2013 3:55 PM

All replies

• Hi, I agree with the comments by Colin here, and WCF RIA services is specially for Silverlight, suggest you follow up that case to get a better suggestion.
    Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:56 AM
  • From what I have garnered from the Internet, this functionality is not supported out-of-the-box with WCF RIA services, so I am marking the last two entries as the answer to this question.

The answer is apparently NO... but... still nothing conclusive to support the NO.

Warren

Thursday, June 27, 2013 3:55 PM