powerpoint changing information from an excel sheet RRS feed

• Question

• Good day,

I have a problem which I am not sure if it is possible with my version of office 2003, I have powerpoint which I want to have changing information depending on my client, so for example client a owe us £100.00 and client B owes £300.00. I would like to have a drop down menu for each client stating their name and cost, which is on an excel sheet, could anyone help me with this?

Cheers,

Changes_001

Friday, August 30, 2013 11:52 AM

Answers

• Hi Changes,

According to your description, you want to create a drop down list in your PowerPoint file, and the data source of this drop down list is come from your excel file.  To approach your requirement, I suggest you using ActiveX Control.

I wrote a sample for your reference. There are 3 rows of client information in my Excel file below.

I create a ComboBox2 in my PowerPoint file.

Private Sub main() ComboBox2.Clear BindComboBoxFromExcel End Sub Private Sub BindComboBoxFromExcel() Dim XLApp As Excel.Application Dim XLWBook As Excel.Workbook Dim XLWSheet As Excel.Worksheet Dim t As Integer Set XLApp = Excel.Application Set XLWBook = XLApp.Workbooks.Open("C:\pptnamecost.xls") Set XLWSheet = XLApp.Sheets("Sheet1") For i = 1 To 3 ComboBox2.AddItem XLWSheet.Range("A" & i).Value & "-" & XLWSheet.Range("B" & i).Value, i - 1 Next i

XLApp.Quit

End Sub

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, September 2, 2013 1:55 PM