none
Searching Items created Today

Question

• Hello,

My team needs to be able to search items that were entered by another team onto a list/page on our SharePoint. The problem we have run into is that if the item was entered today and we try to search for the item the same day, we get no results.

None of the agents are able to locate the item using search. The item is there because I was able to scroll through the list and locate them. Is there a setting I can change to make the items within the list searcahable as soon as it is entered onto the SharePoint? Thank you in advance!

Monday, April 22, 2019 7:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

you can try the below

https://www.eliostruyf.com/making-columns-searchable-for-the-list-or-library-searchbox/

Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the answer if it helps you

Monday, April 22, 2019 8:36 PM
  • Hi fjordan1,

The new items are added to the index after all the crawls have been completed, therefore it will surely take a certain amount of time for them to appear in searches' results.

You have to configure scheduled incremental crawls for the index to be frequently updated by including newly added items.

If you want to display new items immediately, you can perform incremental crawls manually.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Proposed as answer by Michael Han6 Friday, April 26, 2019 7:11 AM
    Tuesday, April 23, 2019 8:39 AM
  • Hi fjordan1,

Is there any update to this question?

I look forward to receiving your reply.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, May 1, 2019 1:39 AM