none
Getting Error When creating new data set(on March 20th) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have created around 25 Datasets for one Report depend on Requirement.

At some situation when i am creating new data set i am getting the following err.

ORA:00020:MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PROCESSES(150) EXCEEDED.

At that situation,Until i close the application and open again,i am unable to save the newly created dataset.

What is the problem

Pls any body help me.

Thursday, March 20, 2008 12:57 PM

Answers

• when you have created 25 datasets to be used by one report it tells me you have skipped design of you report which comes after requirements gathering in the software development process.  So I usually use either white board or free conference room to find the columns you need for the report, then contact the data team to either let you create the views or they create the views you will use as the base to get your complicated report data.

The error you have left Oracle open for too long so your connection is forced to close, so design the report that will give you number of columns needed anything under 100 columns can be in one view so create two to three views in Oracle before creating datasets for the report.  Another thing that will help you is the ERD(entity relationship diagram) of the Oracle database.

Monday, March 24, 2008 4:12 PM