load existing excel template using NAPA (office 365) RRS feed

• Question

• I am very new in office 365 NAPA . I am creating content excel App in office 365. There is any way I can upload and run  my  excel template instead of default. Because my excel file contains a lot of data and tables and I do not want to create the data with java script.  Help!
    • Moved by JesB Wednesday, June 12, 2013 6:46 PM Development question
    Wednesday, June 12, 2013 5:03 PM

Answers

• Yes there very much is. Just upload the document to the OfficeDocuments Folder in your project.

Then you can go to the project properties -> Run Tab and select the checkbox to Open a document from this project. This will enable the drop down and allow you to select the document you uploaded. (Make sure you match the application with the type of document - For Excel Worksheet the application should be Excel or Excel Web App).

Next time you run it should open up the document you specified rather than the default blank document.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Quist Zhang Sunday, June 23, 2013 12:33 PM
    Monday, June 17, 2013 5:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm going to move this post to the Apps for Office development forum.

Best regards,

JesB

Office Store

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 6:46 PM
  • Thanks....
    Wednesday, June 12, 2013 7:41 PM
  • Yes there very much is. Just upload the document to the OfficeDocuments Folder in your project.

Then you can go to the project properties -> Run Tab and select the checkbox to Open a document from this project. This will enable the drop down and allow you to select the document you uploaded. (Make sure you match the application with the type of document - For Excel Worksheet the application should be Excel or Excel Web App).

Next time you run it should open up the document you specified rather than the default blank document.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Quist Zhang Sunday, June 23, 2013 12:33 PM
    Monday, June 17, 2013 5:58 PM
  • Hi Saurabh

i'm developing  a task pane app in visual studio for excel online. is it possible to achieve the same in visual studio ?

Thanks 

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 7:41 AM