none
Another dilemma with needing to print from a SharePoint 2013 list RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

(Sidenote -- I asked a question about printing - https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/ee048a14-01a4-4bc4-a7cb-a7cc6c33fe59/creating-a-report-or-a-printer-friendly-version-of-a-list-item?forum=sharepointdevelopment#63a7161f-87f9-4c8e-be71-43cad8950daf - for a different puzzle and a different SharePoint list).

My quandary now is for another list where I must be able to print. I'm wondering if I should even be doing this in SharePoint in the first place, if creating a report is so cumbersome.

Background -- This form gives our hospital staff a place to request a volunteer (for example, to transport a patient, take a specimen to the lab, deliver blood from the blood bank and other in-house type errands). When the current .NET form is submitted it prints at the volunteer desk and is given to a volunteer who completes the task. We currently have this form in an old .NET site that is going away and the original thought was to put this in our newer SharePoint site. There are 150 to 200 requests per day, so taking the route I took above (create a separate list, put each new list item in second list, create an html page for each, have the user download the htm file to open/print) is not workable for this new form I'm working on. Some non-paper solutions (tablets, for example) have been discussed, but we need to come up with a printed page for this one.

Since it is so absurdly clumsy to create a simple report in SharePoint, I am wondering if I should take a different route. Or hopefully I'm missing something obvious and someone could clue me in. Would you do something like this in SharePoint (150-200 requests per day, must be printed)? All thoughts welcome. Thanks.

Mindy McDonald

• Edited by MelindaMac Tuesday, March 21, 2017 3:25 PM
    Tuesday, March 21, 2017 3:24 PM

All replies