This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect... RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi All,

I have a C++ application that run fine on win-32 and x64 (AMD64) environment.  But the Itanium version (crossed build using VS TE) gives me the following error message when I run it on an Itanium machine:

"This applicaiton has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect.  Reinstalling the application may ..."

I do have all necessary VC++ components (ATL, MFC, CRT) installed on the Itanium (installed by VC Itanium toolkit) and also have all VC dll files copied to the current directory.

Can someone shed a light?  Is there something I that missed which cause the error message?

Thanks

Friday, June 22, 2007 9:01 PM

Answers

• Well, there are two possibilities here. First, you compiled it with the SP1 compiler and libraries but you installed the RTM versions of the CRT on the itanium machine. Second, in the itanium version you have no manifest embedded. Check both of these if you can.

Remember that the CRT is in the WinSxS in the Windows directory and check to see if you have the 762 build of the CRT in there.

Friday, June 22, 2007 11:30 PM
  • If you don't have it, just build a setup project using Visual Studio on your build machine and add the appropriate msms under (Program Files)\Common Files\Merge Modules\*.msm to the project for IA64.  Then install the project on your IA64 machine.  That will drop the appropriate dlls onto the IA64 machine.
    Saturday, June 23, 2007 12:57 AM

All replies

• Well, there are two possibilities here. First, you compiled it with the SP1 compiler and libraries but you installed the RTM versions of the CRT on the itanium machine. Second, in the itanium version you have no manifest embedded. Check both of these if you can.

Remember that the CRT is in the WinSxS in the Windows directory and check to see if you have the 762 build of the CRT in there.

Friday, June 22, 2007 11:30 PM
  • If you don't have it, just build a setup project using Visual Studio on your build machine and add the appropriate msms under (Program Files)\Common Files\Merge Modules\*.msm to the project for IA64.  Then install the project on your IA64 machine.  That will drop the appropriate dlls onto the IA64 machine.
    Saturday, June 23, 2007 12:57 AM