unable to find new panel name in the code RRS feed

• Question

• Pfa attached image

Anny.. IMPossible..

Friday, December 14, 2012 9:04 AM

Answers

• Hello Anu2011,

Thank you for your post.

According to the code in your attached image, I notice that you define the UIDataGridDataItemsTable under UIExtendedMarkuoProvidWindow. But in the UI Control Map, it seems that UIDataGridDataItemsTable should be in the UICompoundDataItemWindow. If yes, I suggest that you can check your code and make sure the code is correct to check the result.

If the SportCell2 still can’t be found, I suggest that you can drag the crosshair on the cell2 to check if Code UI Test Builder can recognize it well. Also I notice that it seems that there is anything wrong with UIDataGridDataItemsTable’s definition in the code. Maybe you need to make sure the table can be recognized well and it exists on the UICompoundDataItemWindow.

In addition, if the cell2 is a new and added cell after you click certain button, I suggest that you can restart your application and then operate on the cell to check if the new cell can be recognized.

Meanwhile, I suggest that you record simple actions on the cells and run test to check if the cell2 can be recognized and found well.

If I have misunderstood anything, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, December 17, 2012 2:06 AM

All replies

• Hello Anu2011,

Thank you for your post.

According to the code in your attached image, I notice that you define the UIDataGridDataItemsTable under UIExtendedMarkuoProvidWindow. But in the UI Control Map, it seems that UIDataGridDataItemsTable should be in the UICompoundDataItemWindow. If yes, I suggest that you can check your code and make sure the code is correct to check the result.

If the SportCell2 still can’t be found, I suggest that you can drag the crosshair on the cell2 to check if Code UI Test Builder can recognize it well. Also I notice that it seems that there is anything wrong with UIDataGridDataItemsTable’s definition in the code. Maybe you need to make sure the table can be recognized well and it exists on the UICompoundDataItemWindow.

In addition, if the cell2 is a new and added cell after you click certain button, I suggest that you can restart your application and then operate on the cell to check if the new cell can be recognized.

Meanwhile, I suggest that you record simple actions on the cells and run test to check if the cell2 can be recognized and found well.

If I have misunderstood anything, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, December 17, 2012 2:06 AM
  • Hello Anny,

What about your issue now? Could you get useful information from our reply?

Would you mind letting us know the result of the suggestion?

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 7:09 AM
  • Hi Amanda,

Yes it helped me.

Anny.. IMPossible..

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 12:44 PM
  • Hello Anny,

Do you mean that the issue has been resolved? If yes, glad to see it and thank you for sharing your experience here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

Then I will mark my reply as answer.If my suggestion can’t help you, you can come back and unmark it as answer. If you have anything unclear, please feel free to come back and ask me.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 7:24 AM