javascript xhr proxy

Question

• most static type language allow you to set a proxy when connecting to a server, since now javascript is now a first class citizen in developing metro style app, i am wondering is there a anyway i can do this with an XHR call?(since you don't have the cross domain restriction, i assume this should also be possible.)
    Friday, September 23, 2011 12:23 AM

Answers

• The user is in such cases in better position to decide which HTTP proxy is better for them rather then Application. You can publish the guidance as part of your Application. Regarding the XHR API not working can you double check and see if the Socialite Application works on your test machine? The reason I say that is that the Socialite Application uses the Facebook APIs over XHR.

Harris
    Monday, September 26, 2011 4:35 PM

All replies

• What exactly are you asking to do?
    Microsoft MVP - Bing Maps
    Blog: http://pietschsoft.com | Web.Maps.VE - ASP.NET AJAX Bing Maps Server Control
    Friday, September 23, 2011 6:23 PM
  • I am going to assume that you are asking about setting the HTTP proxy. Currently we pick up the default Windows setting for the HTTP proxy much like IE. This setting is not programmatically configurable.
    Harris
    Friday, September 23, 2011 7:37 PM
  • that is strange, i build app to talk to facebook api, but nothing come back, are you talking about the metro style apps, not the webistes that you build with aps.net?
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 4:05 PM
  • i want to build metro style app that can talk to the web through a proxy like situation in china you have to do this for facebook alike websites.
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 4:06 PM
  • The user is in such cases in better position to decide which HTTP proxy is better for them rather then Application. You can publish the guidance as part of your Application. Regarding the XHR API not working can you double check and see if the Socialite Application works on your test machine? The reason I say that is that the Socialite Application uses the Facebook APIs over XHR.

Harris
    Monday, September 26, 2011 4:35 PM
  • no, Socialite Application is not working i started it and it is showing that  it is connecting , then the error comes saying:

in order to proceed you must login to your facebook account ........

error returned by  WebAuth broker  error code: -2146697211 error message: unknown runtime error

i already set the IE connection to the proxy i am using and i have no problem log into facebook the website using IE.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 2:34 PM
  • Where you able to resolve you issue yet?
    Jeff Sanders (MSFT)
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 2:10 PM