none
Visual Studio License goes to Stale

Question

• Hi,

In our Organisation users get a message  in Visual Studio that "License goes to Stale ", after Signout and Sign IN this message will disappear and Visual Studio works fine. Please let us know why this issue occurs and resolution to fix it.

Regards,

Rakesh 

Monday, February 08, 2016 8:07 AM

Answers

All replies

• why would you ask this question in an office forum? Consider rreposting in a visual ssudio forum.

al

Al Edlund Visio MVP

Monday, February 08, 2016 1:57 PM
  • Hi,

As this issue is related to the Visual Studio, I've moved this thread to the Visual Studio General Questions forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Tuesday, February 09, 2016 6:21 AM
  • Hi Rakesh,

Which VS version did you use, VS2013 or VS2015?

For VS2013, it seems that other member has submitted a report:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/be06d4a4-6fc5-4691-a90a-6f85c7f6b05e/visual-studio-2013-premium-license-gone-stale?forum=visualstudiogeneral

For VS2015, maybe you could get useful information here:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn950037.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

This message indicates that while your subscription may still be valid, the license token Visual Studio uses to keep your subscription up to date hasn’t been refreshed and has gone stale due to one of the following reasons:

1. You have not used Visual Studio or have had no internet connection for an extend period of time.

2. You signed out of Visual Studio.

Before the license token goes stale, Visual Studio will first show a warning message asking you to re-enter your credentials.

If you do not reenter your credentials the token starts to go stale. When this happens, the Account Settings dialog tells you how many days you have left before your token will fully expire. After your token expires, you will need to reenter your credentials for this account or license with another method above before you can continue using Visual Studio.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, February 09, 2016 10:21 AM
  • this message is among speed bumps I hit when I occasionally try to write some code. I wish to have a dev tool without "strange hurdles", but this kind of thing combined with the extra problems connecting to Azure reminds me of the makefile-days. Are the "Borland-like simplicity days" over?

I feel that Visual Studio used to be the greatest tool, but "has gone stale".

(btw I believe that I am a paying MSND subscriber of some sort, maybe this is because I've installed some of the free stuff?)

Gorm Braarvig, http://gorm-braarvig.blogspot.com/

Thursday, March 17, 2016 4:57 PM