Arbitration mailboxes RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I am seeking your advise regarding the Arbitration mailboxes. There are the following Arbitration mailboxes including System mailbox and Federation mailbox in Exchange 2010 in Hybrid environment. I need to delete the databases where arbitration mailboxes reside but I can not move them to different DB due to the following reason (inconsistent state). The databases have no mailboxes except arbitration mailboxes but the size is too big. I wanted to seek your advise that if I dismount the database and delete the large DB file and mount the DB then it will create a vey small DB size file but I do not know the repercussion whether is it safe to do or not. I am not worried about data as i dot not know if there is any data associated with arbitration mailboxes.

Your expert advise will be highly appreciated.

Regards

NAV

Name                      Alias                ServerName       ProhibitSendQuota

----                      -----                ----------       -----------------
    SystemMailbox{1f05a927... SystemMailbox{1f0... exchange-1           unlimited
    WARNING: The object grammar.local/Users/SystemMailbox{1f05a927-f89d-4056-8e35-b8e90bdc0abf} has been corrupted, and it's in an inconsistent state.
    The following validation errors happened:
    WARNING: Database is mandatory on UserMailbox.
    FederatedEmail.4c1f4d8... FederatedEmail.4c... exchange-1           1 MB (1,048,576 bytes)
    WARNING: The object grammar.local/Users/FederatedEmail.4c1f4d8b-8179-4148-93bf-00a95fa1e042 has been corrupted, and it's in an inconsistent state.
    The following validation errors happened:
    SystemMailbox{e0dc1c29... SystemMailbox{e0d... exchange-2           unlimited

Sarwar

Tuesday, October 27, 2020 11:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Sarwar,

Then please be aware that actually this forum is meant for developing issues about Exchange. For Exchange general questions, the previous TechNet forums have been migrated to a new home on Microsoft Q&A. We have created a copy of it on Microsoft Q&A Platform: Arbitration mailboxes.

Kindly register the Microsoft Q&A Platform and continue the discussion out there with us.

Regards,

Lucas Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 28, 2020 5:20 AM