Windows 7: Share a single application via RDP? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello all,

Here is my use-case:

I'm writing a C# .Net 3.5 (VS2008) application, and I want to integrate a "remote desktop" style feature for when users need to ask my support techs for help. However, I just want to share my application's windows, and _not_ the whole desktop.  

The application will only be deployed on Windows 7 systems, so I can use any of the newer "desktop sharing" APIs.  Would upgrade to .Net 4.0 and VS2010, if needed.

I found an MSDN blog post that might be helpful, but I just don't understand enough about Windows graphics internals or the Windows SDK to know what to do next.  

See: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rds/archive/2007/03/08/windows-desktop-sharing-api.aspx

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you

Monday, March 7, 2011 11:44 PM

All replies

• Create an STA thread and pump messages (in managed code, add [STAThread] to the main function)

create the IRDPSRAPISharingSession object via its clsid. I am not sure what the clsid is, you can dig into the Rdpencomapi.tlb file

create a invition ticket number, open to listen for client connections, then connect from the rdp viewer side using the ticket number

get the ApplicationFilter property then change its enable property to true

enumerate the filter's application list and change the desired application's shared property to true. alternatively you can enumerate the window and set the desired window's shared property to true.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 1:13 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for the help.   This is my first time using the Windows SDK, so I do not fully inderstand what you telling me to do.

Can you provide any C# 4.0 sample code?

Thank you again

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 5:28 PM
  • Interoperability (C# Programming Guide)

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 6:16 PM
  • I am trying to "share a single document" just like netmeeting "Share Program", where only one document should be shared at a time to "viewer".

If any other "window" popup over the "document" at the "sharer" end  then that part should be made "Opaque" at the "Viewer" end (in AxRDPViewer control).

If the "document" is minimized at the "Sharer" end whole "AxRDPViewer" should be opaque at the "Viewer" end.

Can you please help me out in knowing is there any method or property in AxRDPViewer to do this.

Or is there any logic to achieve it.

Thanks in advance.
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 12:28 PM
  • I am trying to "share a single document" just like netmeeting "Share Program", where only one document should be shared at a time to "viewer".

If any other "window" popup over the "document" at the "sharer" end  then that part should be made "Opaque" at the "Viewer" end (in AxRDPViewer control).

If the "document" is minimized at the "Sharer" end whole "AxRDPViewer" should be opaque at the "Viewer" end.

Can you please help me out in knowing is there any method or property in AxRDPViewer to do this.

Or is there any logic to achieve it.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Kuldeep,

I am looking for the same. Did you find a way to achieve this?

Thanks & Regards,

Fahim

Saturday, December 8, 2012 10:51 AM