JScript errors in Classic ASP web app after installing KB4524154 and KB4524135 RRS feed

• Question

• We've just installed KB4524154 and KB4524135 on our Windows Server 2012-based Web Servers, which are running a Classic ASP web app that is a mix of VBScript and JScript.

Since the patches associated with those KB articles have been installed, we're seeing a significant number of random errors in the JScript portion of our web app. The errors are a mix of 800A1391 and 800A138F, with text like "Object expected", "'properties' is undefined", "'bound' is null or not an object".

This script has worked perfectly for years, and still seems to run normally, at least partially, after the update, as not all requests are failing. It appears to be random. It is pretty clear that something in these updates is causing it, as the updates include a security fix for the JScript runtime. However, no additional information is provided on what's changed, and I have no idea how to resolve this.

Anyone else seeing similar issues with this update and a JScript Classic ASP app? Or have suggestions on how to escalate this?

Friday, October 4, 2019 11:15 PM

All replies

• Hi, 

This issue is occurring since the KB4516041 update and also with this new updates.

I opened a support ticket at Microsoft Support and the recomended action was to uninstall these updates and wait for the final release of them.

If someone have any suggestions, please, coment.

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 11:01 AM
  • was your issue resolved by any of the later updates? I think I'm intermittently running into the same problem on a server I don't control :(
    Monday, November 11, 2019 8:51 PM
  • was your issue resolved by any of the later updates? I think I'm intermittently running into the same problem on a server I don't control :(

We just uninstalled the offending updates and blocked them from installing, that seems to have resolved the issue for us.

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 3:53 AM