How do I run a wwa from the command line?

General discussion

• How do I run wwa from the command line? For example running "C:\Windows\system32\wwahost.exe -ServerName:Weather.App.wwa" gives the message "The system cannot execute the specified program.". C:\Windows\system32\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe -ServerName:microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel" does apparently nothing. "%programfiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -ServerName:DefaultBrowserServer simply launch ie in the desktop, not as a wwa.

The reason I'm asking is for example that one installation can't run any apps through wwahost.exe. Clicking on the tiles, or switch to in tm.exe app history does nothing. Another installation lost the wwa ie, it was replaced by the regular iexplore.exe and I don't know how to start the wwa version of ie now.

Update: Made some progress. Found that the failure to start wwa is due to screen resolution, if I use 1280x720 it fails, I have to use a higher vertical resolution when starting the apps, suich as 1024x768, I can then switch back to the native resolution of the netbook if I like and continue using the app. So basically Windows 8 is incompatible with netbooks.

Still no idea how to run wwa from the command line.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 5:54 PM