Web.config error: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data, Version=3.1.0.0.... RRS feed

• Question

• User1982844092 posted

In my web.config of my .NET 3.5 project I have this which was produced by Enterprise Library 3.1 after I setup a Database Connection through Enterprise Library's tool:

<section name="dataConfiguration" type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Configuration.DatabaseSettings, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />

The error I get is during runtime is: "Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies".  I know I do have that assembly in my web project so what gives?  Enterprise Library puts that line in the web.config when you add a new Data Connection Block Setting to your web.config.

Here, check out this pic which shows that it's definitely added to my project after I added it.  I simply browsed to the dll in my Enterprise Library project:

I tried removing and re-adding that assembly and still I get this error in the web.config.  Tried closing out VS 2008, but no luck.  When I look at the properties of that assembly, sure enough it's version 3.1.0.0 so what gives?  Anyone?

Sunday, March 23, 2008 8:58 PM

All replies

• User1712388314 posted

Did you add a reference to MS Enterpise library?

Monday, March 24, 2008 1:23 AM