none
Unregistering Addin RRS feed

• Question

• I am running a VB program (Visual Studio 2010) on a computer with Windows 8.1 64-bit system The computer has 64 GB of RAM and an i7 processor.

After generating matrices of up to 25 columns x 900,000 rows, I write the matrix to a flat file, then invoke a macro in Excel 2013 (64-bit) to read in the matrix. This is the fastest way I have been able to devise. It worked fine until I installed Risk Solver Platform Addin from Frontline Systems (awesome software by the way).

I need to unregister the Risk Solver Platform Addin programmatically while the writing to Excel is done, then register it again after the file is closed. The following code was suggested:

To unregister

Shell("RegSvr32 ""C:\Program Files\Frontline Systems\Analytic Solver Platform\Bin\RSPAddin.xll"" /u /s")

To register

Shell("RegSvr32 "C:\Program Files\Frontline Systems\Analytic Solver Platform\Bin\RSPAddin.xll" /r /s")

The path for the file RSPAddin.xll is correct. At compile time, there are no diagnostics, but at run time, I get the following:

Any suggestions as to how this may be fixed?

Mike Allison

Saturday, January 17, 2015 2:30 AM

All replies

• Hello Mike,

Where and when do you run the code?

Did you have a chance to check out the list of installed COM and Excel add-ins? Try to disable all of them, does it help?

Sunday, January 18, 2015 12:26 PM
  • G'day Eugene,

I should have included the information below.

If I unselect Analytic Solver Platform Addin from the COM Add-ins (see below), then my code writes to the workbook without any problems. I then have to reverse the process to use Solver on a dataset. Hence the desire to unregister and register programmatically.

Regards,

Mike Allison

Mike Allison

Sunday, January 18, 2015 8:05 PM