• Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program:C:\Progra~1\Micros~3\Office10\OUTLOOK.EXE

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tuesday, March 7, 2006 4:06 PM

Answers

All replies

• These forums are generally for programming questions.  I've not seen this forum before, so I've not locked the thread ( as I'm not sure ), but my guess would be that you need to find a forum that's focused on helping people use their computers, and  this is not it.

Have you tried to uninstall/reinstall ?

Tuesday, March 7, 2006 5:27 PM
  • I am having the same problem, did you find a answer to resolve it?  Frustrating and can't move on unitl it's repaired.  Thanks for your response.
    Tuesday, March 7, 2006 8:03 PM
  • Hi,

Can you please be a little more specific? What version of Office/Outlook are you running? What operating system? Can you provide the error message details and the steps that led up to this error?

You might find additional assistance on the Outlook newsgroup at http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?query=outlook&dg=&cat=en_US_d02fc761-3f6b-402c-82f6-ba1a8875c1a7&lang=en&cr=&pt=&catlist=&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us

Also, have you searched for the error number in the Microsoft Knowledge base (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;kbhowto&sd=msdn)?

-brenda (ISV Buddy Team)

Thursday, March 9, 2006 11:11 PM
  • I have the same message. I'm running Office XP on Windows XP.

ANy ideas?

Thursday, June 29, 2006 2:45 PM
  • I'm having the same problem - it started when I installed Office XP Professional on my new computer that already had a trial version of Office 2003 on it.

After that, Outlook crashed before opening completely. The Microsoft Knowledge base directed me to uninstall Office 2003, which I did.

Now I am running only Office XP Professional, and Outlook won't open but gives me this error message:

Microsoft Outlook   Unable to open default e-mail folders.  Could not open the item.  Try again.

I click on OK and it asks if I want to open my default file system folder instead.  If I say no it just closes, if I say yes it gives me the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error.

???

Saturday, August 26, 2006 5:08 PM
  •  

I'm having the same problem - it started when I installed Office XP Professional on my new computer that already had a trial version of Office 2003 on it.

After that, Outlook crashed before opening completely. The Microsoft Knowledge base directed me to uninstall Office 2003, which I did.

Now I am running only Office XP Professional, and Outlook won't open but gives me this error message:

Microsoft Outlook   Unable to open default e-mail folders.  Could not open the item.  Try again.

I click on OK and it asks if I want to open my default file system folder instead.  If I say no it just closes, if I say yes it gives me the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error.

???

Thursday, September 7, 2006 4:26 PM
  • my outlook express will not accept my password and my email address!!!!!!!!!!! (ddilabio@hotmail.com)
    Tuesday, September 12, 2006 4:33 PM
  • how

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 4:34 PM