none
Book suggested for Microsoft Access 2010 or 2013 Macros RRS feed

• Question

• Hello team,
    I am looking for the best book that can well equip me to use Macros in Microsoft Access 2010 or 2013 with little or no VBA code. It needs to be very simple that I can absorb it.
    Regards,
    GGGGGNNNNN

GGGGGNNNNN

• Edited by cloudsInSky Saturday, November 21, 2015 2:51 AM
    Saturday, November 21, 2015 2:50 AM

Answers

All replies

• What if Macros are not so simple so that you can absorb it? I don't know what your abilities are so who knows if you can learn from the below or not.

How to Use Macros in Microsoft Access 2013 - The Basics of Macros and the Macro Editor

Introduction to Access 2010 Macros

Access Macro Actions (Access Developer Reference) - Access 2013

Working with Macros and Expressions in Access 2010

La vida loca

Saturday, November 21, 2015 3:54 AM
  • Hello Mr. Monkeyboy,

Well, I asked questions like these in the past; once I asked a basic book to teach me about writing queries and then later on, I asked about a basic/ beginners book on T-SQL. I was referred to two books which changed my life.

The first one was SQL queries for mere mortal; and the other one was T-SQL fundamentals. Both really helped me a lot.

I thought if I ask a book about using macros in Microsoft Access, there should be someone who knows well, which book can benefit me the most.

GGGGGNNNNN

GGGGGNNNNN

Monday, November 23, 2015 6:50 AM
  • Hi GN,

As my experience, I would suggest you refer the link which from Monkeyboy below to be familiar with macros.

# Access Macro Actions (Access Developer Reference)
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn161227.aspx

For better books, maybe other community members could share you.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 5:25 AM
  • here is a resource link for building Access web databases 

Free Access Web App Reference

http://gainingaccess.net/AccessWebRef.aspx

Warm Regards, Crystal http://www.AccessMVP.com/strive4peace * (: have an awesome day :)

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 7:31 AM
  • I would suggest that you forget trying to spend any substantial money or time on learning macros.  Macro development is relatively easy with builders and such.  The main purpose of macros in Access is to give the user the easiest method for development, but not necessarily the best. 

To build truly robust applications in Access, you will need to learn Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).  If you intend to spend money on books, then I suggest that you focus your efforts on learning to code your application.  Once you have a handle on VBA, macros will seem like child's play.

To find a really good book on VBA, you need to go to the book store and pick up a few books and browse through them.  Read a chapter or two to get a feel for the author's method of delivering information and determine if it suits you.  No one can tell you the best book to read because everyone will have a different opinion.  Furthermore, there's a good chance that those with any extensive experience may not have looked at a book in years.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 10:35 PM
  • Hello Edward Z,

Monkeyboy has provided me with nice links. I am soooo excited about them. I am going to go through them soon.

I do understand that VBA is better; but, it is not a remedy for the project that I have in hand and I need to finish it.

It is very useful to use Macros to complete my project.

Regards,

GGGGGNNNNN

GGGGGNNNNN

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 3:32 AM
  • Thanks for these links. I will learn them. GGGGGNNNNN

GGGGGNNNNN

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 3:33 AM
  • Hello RunningManHD,

I do know VBA is best. I can't learn VBA so quick and so fast and I don't know even I can learn it. I am going to use macros instead. I can take care of my project with Macros rather than to go for learning VBA.

GGGGGNNNNN

GGGGGNNNNN

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 3:36 AM
  • Hi GN,

I am glad they are helpful to you, and if your issue has been resolved, I suggest you mark the helpful reply as answer to close this thread.

If you have any issues about macros when you use it, please feel free to post a new thread in this forum.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 6:39 AM