none
Advanced Excel VBA Question (Excel 2007/10) RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any possibility to open PC on a particular time, and open a particular Excel session and run, compile it  and send to particular Client (Internal Outlook or external email id) on a particular time as mentioned daily or set it on a particular time. For this, System needs to turned On Automatically and Run the given Program through VBA.

If it is possible please explain me or send or reply me with the details. This would help me a lot in my current role.

Thank you in Advance,

Prasad

Thursday, April 12, 2012 5:10 PM

All replies

• Not sure this is right forum - it's VB.Net. Nor that I understand your question but here goes with some thoughts.

1 If the PC is switched off then nothing is running so it cannot switch on automatically.

2 If the PC is in sleep mode then might be possible use 'wake up from Network' - try researching this, I know about it but never used it.

3 If the PC is permanently on, can use a scheduled task to run programs so you could run Excel and email result (provided no one has to do input).

4 I doubt you can do this through VBA - it require a host be running (i.e. Excel, Access or Word).

Regards David R
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    The great thing about Object Oriented code is that it can make small, simple problems look like large, complex ones.
    Object-oriented programming offers a sustainable way to write spaghetti code. - Paul Graham.
    Every program eventually becomes rococo, and then rubble. - Alan Perlis
    The only valid measurement of code quality: WTFs/minute.

Thursday, April 12, 2012 5:18 PM
  • Hello Prasad,

This forum is meant for the VB in Visual Studio Net, however there is a likewise forum for VBA, try to get there your answer. Many active regulars here (probably most) know very few of VBA.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/isvvba

Success
    Cor

Thursday, April 12, 2012 6:18 PM