Sample codes that sets and gets MF_DEVICESTREAM_FRAMESERVER_SHARED attribute RRS feed

• Question

• I'm looking for samples codes that sets and gets MF_DEVICESTREAM_FRAMESERVER_SHARED attribute. Does anyone know if this attribute needs to be set in order for multiple applications access a single camera at the same time in Windows 10 Anniversary Update?

Thanks!

Thursday, September 21, 2017 8:17 PM

All replies

• I don't think you can use the attribute to "convert" the device stream to shared or otherwise use exclusively available camera feed as concurrently accessible. There is a lack of information on that feature and my guesswork is that Microsoft only made improvements related to their Windows Hello feature. They only needed to make sure that Windows Hello compatible webcameras can be accessed by their subsystems even if they are in used by third party software. Hence the frame server and sharing. They did not take it to state when camera sharing is available to everyone. So I would guess that this attribute is used internally on the camera driver side to mark shareable feed, which is necessary to identify Windows Hello compatible camera in first place. I don't think it's usable the way you want to use it.

http://alax.info/blog/tag/directshow

Friday, September 22, 2017 6:52 AM