Microsoft Access ODBC Driver with Win 7 64 bit, using Crystal 2011(32 bit) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Enthusiasts!

I am attempting to run Crystal Reports 2011 (32bit) on a Windows 7 64 bit OS, and trying to access a Microsoft Access Database with sample data (.mdb). At first, when creating the new datasource that points to my sample database, I could not create it because the driver was not showing up in the list, but I figured out from here: [ http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqldataaccess/thread/685eacc1-a670-42d4-8392-924230fa90cb ] to run the odbcad32.exe and create it from there. This allowed me to create the new datasource. However, when I go into Crystal and try to create a new report from my new datasource, it gives me this error:

Logon failed.

Details: HY000:[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] General error

Unable to open registry key 'SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\Crystal Training'. [Database Vendor Code: 63]

When I run the ODBC administrator regularly under my 64 bit and click "configure" it tells me that the setup routines for all the drivers I have listed cannot be found and to reinstall the drivers, and that the specified DSN has an architecture mismatch between driver and application. But it will let me configure the drivers when running odbcad32.exe.

I also tried downloading and installing the Microsoft access driver for Win 7 64 bit. Any help getting Crystal to connect to my sample database is GREATLY appreciated! I'm willing to try anything, thanks! -ElectroKate

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 7:00 PM

Answers