Named PIPE RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to verify something.

I had a named pipes (Server & Client), till now Server write to pipe and Client read from pipe.

Now I want also client to write and server to read, if I only read from pipe in server is it posible to read the same message sent by the server it self? ( if yes, do I need 2 pipes one for transmit and one for recive?) 

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 6:46 PM

Answers

• I think you can use named PIPE.

named pipe is a named, one-way or duplex pipe for communication between the pipe server and one or more pipe clients. All instances of a named pipe share the same pipe name, but each instance has its own buffers and handles, and provides a separate conduit for client/server communication. The use of instances enables multiple pipe clients to use the same named pipe simultaneously.

You just need to create different instances for transmitting and receiving.

Paul Zhou [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marked as answer by Paul Zhou Wednesday, February 29, 2012 2:28 AM
    Monday, February 27, 2012 1:59 AM

All replies

• As you said, you can create 2 pipes for your requirement. It is the most simply way for the problem.

Hard hard work, Day day up!

Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:07 PM
  • I think you can use named PIPE.

named pipe is a named, one-way or duplex pipe for communication between the pipe server and one or more pipe clients. All instances of a named pipe share the same pipe name, but each instance has its own buffers and handles, and provides a separate conduit for client/server communication. The use of instances enables multiple pipe clients to use the same named pipe simultaneously.

You just need to create different instances for transmitting and receiving.

Paul Zhou [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marked as answer by Paul Zhou Wednesday, February 29, 2012 2:28 AM
    Monday, February 27, 2012 1:59 AM