How to create a storangeFile from an array of bytes

Question

• Hi guys,

I'm trying to share images using the charm bar, but I have the images as arrays of bytes in a DB. I'm following the example that uses a file picker to select the images and create the storangeFile. I don't need to use the file picker so I would like to know a way to create the storangeFile from an array of bytes.

this is the code using the file

if(this.imageFile != null)

{

//   StorageFile mySf = new StorageFile();

DataPackagerequestData = request.Data;

requestData.Properties.Title = TitleInputBox.Text;

requestData.Properties.Description = DescriptionInputBox.Text;

// The description is optional.

requestData.Properties.ContentSourceApplicationLink = ApplicationLink;

// It's recommended to use both SetBitmap and SetStorageItems for sharing a single image

// since the target app may only support one or the other.

List<IStorageItem> imageItems = newList<IStorageItem>();

imageItems.Add(

this.imageFile);

requestData.SetStorageItems(imageItems);

RandomAccessStreamReferenceimageStreamRef = RandomAccessStreamReference.CreateFromFile(this.imageFile);

requestData.Properties.Thumbnail = imageStreamRef;

requestData.SetBitmap(imageStreamRef);

succeeded =

true;

}

Sunday, April 20, 2014 9:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Santiago,

Without the FileSavePicker, user cannot save the file to their own folder, take a look at the File access and permissions.

However, you can always save a StorageFile as you wish, take a look: Quickstart: Reading and writing files

In your scenario, you have a image which is byte[] array, you can use something like:

await Windows.Storage.FileIO.WriteBufferAsync(sampleFile, buffer);

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, April 21, 2014 2:35 AM