webView - White page when page certificate is missing

Question

• Hi,

I want to access this page in a Windows 8.1 App, using WebView;

This Site

BUT, on the load, it shows a blank page. Instead of the certificate error message etc etc. Check it out!

Anything I can do to fix this clientwise?

-Vincent

• Edited by Vincent Gio Sunday, December 14, 2014 10:06 PM
    Sunday, December 14, 2014 10:05 PM

Answers

• Hi Vincent,

Based on my knowledge, this should be the limitation of WebView control. You should understand that the WebView control is not intended to be used to create a complete web experience. It just intended to provide some basic HTML rendering and to allow application developers to leverage some existing HTML resources within a XAML based app.

You will need to find another way to work around.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 7:02 AM
  • Hi Vincent,

>> would it be possible to make a host to RT from WinForms etc. Like Winforms -> WPF

As I know, this is impossible. WinForm and WPF are based on CLR, but metro app is based on Windows runtime.

If you want to ask more features in WebView control, you can send your request on UserVoice.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, December 18, 2014 1:48 AM

All replies

• Yes, the website may have some features that not support in WebView. see more limitations from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/windows.ui.xaml.controls.webview.aspx.

Monday, December 15, 2014 10:13 AM
  • hi,

is it possible to make this supported? Do you know any third party toolkits?

-Vincent

Monday, December 15, 2014 11:07 AM
  • Hi Vincent,

Based on my knowledge, this should be the limitation of WebView control. You should understand that the WebView control is not intended to be used to create a complete web experience. It just intended to provide some basic HTML rendering and to allow application developers to leverage some existing HTML resources within a XAML based app.

You will need to find another way to work around.

Regards,

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 7:02 AM
  • Ah I see.

As this is supported in the WPF and WinForms browser controls, would it be possible to make a host to RT from WinForms etc. Like Winforms -> WPF

-Vincent

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 11:14 AM
  • Hi Vincent,

>> would it be possible to make a host to RT from WinForms etc. Like Winforms -> WPF

As I know, this is impossible. WinForm and WPF are based on CLR, but metro app is based on Windows runtime.

If you want to ask more features in WebView control, you can send your request on UserVoice.

Regards,

Thursday, December 18, 2014 1:48 AM