Azure IOT hub -Data missing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

On long running device with 1 min. Interval data, using device twin reported, we are missing enormous  data.

In Short explanation :

We are using electron app (NodeJS) as a device, sending data to IoT Hub in 1 min interval and getting response when it success but some time we are not getting any response. Its means data missed..

How to handle missed data ? and why we are not getting any response/errors data missed ?

Thanks.

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 1:02 PM

All replies

• Hi, Was this solution working before? Since when you started seeing this? What version of the SDK are you using?
    Wednesday, July 24, 2019 12:51 AM
  • thanks for  support. We are using following SDK versions

"azure-iot-device": "1.9.9",
    "azure-iot-device-mqtt": "1.9.9"

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 6:05 AM
  • Thursday, July 25, 2019 2:21 AM
  • Hi, Do you have any updates?
    Tuesday, July 30, 2019 12:09 AM
  • Was the previous suggestion useful?
    Thursday, August 1, 2019 4:15 AM
  • Sorry for late reply..

We are using default retry policy of NodeJS SDK, and we are handling the error. but Our problem is when we sending data to IOThub (Telemetry or Device twin update) ,we are not receiving response or error message code sometimes . Few times we are received response after 5 minutes. our requirement is every 1 minute interval need to send new data.

If we received response after 1 minute ,our device will enter next cycle of reading . Previous value of my device data missed.

Please suggest me we have to implement retry logic or default retry policy of NodeJS SDK any option is available.

how to handle missed data? .

Thanks.

Thursday, August 1, 2019 7:04 AM
  • This will require some deeper analysis. Can you please file a support request @ https://aka.ms/azsupt? If you do not have access to a support plan, please reach out @ AZCommunity@microsoft.com with a link to this Doc/Issue as well as your subscription ID and we can help get the support ticket opened for this issue.
    Thursday, August 1, 2019 11:20 PM
  • Just wanted to double check with you to see if you did create the support ticket or reached out to my team by following my previous comment.
    Friday, August 2, 2019 6:12 PM
  • Alberto ,

Yes i sent email to AZCommunity@microsoft.com , with community URL.

Thanks

Monday, August 5, 2019 5:15 AM
  • Once your issue is resolved and if it is possible. Would you please share your solution here for future reference? Thanks!
    Tuesday, August 6, 2019 7:26 PM