Work flow to send reminder emails for past due items RRS feed

• Question

• Background:

I have an InfoPath form to send out notifications to DL's and individuals for changes going on in our environment.  This in turn is saved up to our SharePoint and emailed though our email portal.  What we are finding with time is that individuals will start the InfoPath form and not follow up and update or close out the form sending out notifications at the close of the changes.

What I am trying to shoot for:

I am hoping to solve some of these issues with a workflow that can add a "pauser" that will check for an end date variable, which is a column in SharePoint, and send an email notification when that date has arrived and passed.  It would be a reminder to close or update the InfoPath form so that I do not have an increasing amount of stale forms.

Thx

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 5:28 PM

Answers

• I do this with task lists fairly frequently... the workflow is pretty simple...

is complete? stop

is today > (duedate - reminder)? pause until (duedate - reminder)

send email

notice that I'm using a Reminder field, which I add to the lists (how many days before due, does the user want to be reminded)... I also send the email to whoever created the task (in case they need to reassign, reschedule, etc), as well as whoever it's assigned to.

Scott Brickey
    MCTS, MCPD, MCITP
    www.sbrickey.com
    Strategic Data Systems - for all your SharePoint needs

• Proposed as answer by Sara Fan Friday, December 4, 2015 9:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sara Fan Monday, December 21, 2015 1:16 AM
    Wednesday, December 2, 2015 8:59 PM