Azure Load Balancer - IPv6 Session Persistence RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I am trying to setup session persistence for HTTPS on my ipV6 enabled load balancer, but it keeps giving me an error. I have tried setting it up in the gui and using the cli. Here is the screenshot of the ouput from the cli:

cli-output

I was just hoping it is not a syntax error on my part. I have the load balancing rule setup without session persistence, but it just doesn't seem to work with session persistence using IPv6. IPv4 works fine.

Is there a limitation with regards to the Azure Load Balancer session persistence and ipv6?

Sincerely,

Ryan

Saturday, June 24, 2017 5:23 PM

Answers

• This is not a Syntax error. The error specified in the CLI session clearly mentions that both the operations are not supported. For IPv6 with an Azure Load Balancer you cannot specify a idle timeout of any value other than 4. You could provide your feedback in https://feedback.azure.com/forums/217313-networking?query=source%20IP.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

• Proposed as answer by Loydon Mendonca Sunday, June 25, 2017 4:01 AM
    • Marked as answer by rb40 Sunday, June 25, 2017 10:03 PM
    Sunday, June 25, 2017 4:01 AM