none
Installing .NET 2 Framework RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi everybody,

I'm not sure if I went on the right forum section for my query.  Please bear with me.

I'm new on this forum and I'm new in .net development.  I use VB.NET 2005 Professional Edition.

I tried to develop a simple application and trying to install this to a user with no .net framework.

I tried to install the dotNetFx.exe on user's machine, but the End-User Licensed Agreement is by-passed. The check box for "I accept the terms...." is being skipped and and error message appears.

What is missing here?

But when I tried to install the dotNetFx.exe in my development machine, the End-User Licensed Agreement is not by-passed.

Please help

thank you. 
    • Edited by NetNetMo Thursday, September 25, 2008 4:19 AM
    Thursday, September 25, 2008 4:15 AM

All replies

• right click on the solution in visual studio solution window 

click add new project and chose setup wizard from other project types--> setup and deployment

after adding the setup project and chose what you want ti include ex: program output,documentation,..etc 

right click on the setup project then properties

from the open window click Prerequisites and then chose the .Net version you used and chose either x86 or x64 

after you build and send the setup EXE to client the application will detect the installed .Net and if it need to install your .net version and it will be downloaded the correct version for his operating system 

Mohamed Gamal Orief Senior Software Engineer ITWORX EGYPT Phone: +202.2673.6377 Mobile:+2010.0552.7971 www.itworx.com

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 11:44 AM