SharePoint 2010 integration with SAP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

In response to a requirement of SharePoint integration with SAP, I am searching for the best possible solution. I found Duet but it is for Enterprise edition only, but my client is using SharePoint 2010 standard version.

I am thinking integration based on BCS and Web Services ,

So is there any capability difference between SharePoint standard and enterprise edition in terms of SAP integration with the help of BCS and web services?

Can we achieve same effective integration with SharePoint standard edition?

Monday, January 30, 2012 4:51 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

In SharePoint Standard version you just won't be able to use Business Data Web Parts and interact with external business data directly within the familiar user environment of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft SharePoint Workspace (take a look at this table Compare SharePoint Editions). But there are no any differences between Enterprise and Standard in terms of integration using BCS and web services.

Dmitry

Lightning Tools LogoLightning Tools Check out our SharePoint tools and web parts
    Monday, January 30, 2012 5:23 AM
  • Thanks,

So is it possible to achieve the same capable integration with the help of Web services , although it will take lotz of extra customization effort. e.g. can we communicate with SAP data two-way and display in SharePoint lists and trigger SAP workflows from SharePoint frontend.

Monday, January 30, 2012 5:44 AM
  • Using BCS CRUD operations you will be able to display the SAP data on the SharePoint page, also create/delete/modify new items and put it back to SAP. Unfortunately I'm not good familiar with SAP triggers and workflows but I think you may use GenericInvoker operation for them. GenericInvoker can be called to perform a specific task in an external system (Take a look at this article Stereotyped Operations Supported by BDC).

Also I would recommend you to take a look at these articles:

Dmitry

Lightning Tools LogoLightning Tools Check out our SharePoint tools and web parts
    • Proposed as answer by Noamto Thursday, February 2, 2012 4:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by Yash Goley Monday, February 6, 2012 6:56 AM
    Monday, January 30, 2012 5:59 AM