none
Installing one project causes another to be installed as well? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all!  I am unfortunately having a heck of a time working with VS 2010 Ultimate to install some Outlook add-ins.  Basically, it seems that when installing one project from the solution, it will also install a different project in the same solution.  I have checked the dependencies and references for both projects, and neither requires or references the other.

The software is written in VB.NET.  After removing any add-ins, and then debugging (or installing) one project, I noticed that the other project is automatically installed.  Are there any other references that could be causing this to happen?  I have researched the issue and read MSDN information on using multiple projects in a solution, but I haven't noticed any caveats that should cause this to happen.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 7:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• during bulid process in VS, it detects all projects that are of add-in type and registers them so when office app starts, you will have them loaded. So simple answer - apparently in your solution you have multiple add-in projects.
    Thursday, June 14, 2012 6:21 AM
  • That is correct.  Is there any way to tell VS that I mean what I say?  ;)
    Thursday, June 14, 2012 12:52 PM
  • try to unload unnecessary add-in projects before building solution
    Thursday, June 14, 2012 1:57 PM