Want to get the password of the administrator of windows using .Net RRS feed

• Question

• Hello every one, 

i want to get the password of administrator of windows xp using .Net framework i search for the internet to can get any help for this but i didn't get any thing useful for me so can any one help me in this 
    Friday, July 24, 2009 9:51 AM

Answers

• An SID is unique and specific for a user account. It can only be deciphered by the Windows operating system. We cannot retrieve the original password from it.

Regards

SVK
    • Marked as answer by Harry Zhu Friday, July 31, 2009 5:32 AM
    Friday, July 24, 2009 11:52 AM
  • There is no way to retrieve the password of the admin since it would create a security hole the size you can sail an aircraft carrier though.
    Friday, July 24, 2009 1:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Mohammed,

Retrieving the stored password in its orignal form is not possible and not allowed in any Windows operating system. The password can be altered using WMI script or System.DirectoryServices. For this also we need to know the existing password.

At a lower level if your application want to execute any tasks which requires administrative privileges, then you can use the lower level IFS api's to impersonate a user and get his SID. SID is nothing but the encrypted and saved password of a particular user account.

Thanks
    SVK
    Friday, July 24, 2009 11:38 AM
  • Hi SVK, 
    thanks for reply me  did you mean that if i get SID i can get the saved password 
    OR 
    You mean that no way to get the password of the administrator ????????  or there any work around we can do 

Friday, July 24, 2009 11:48 AM
  • An SID is unique and specific for a user account. It can only be deciphered by the Windows operating system. We cannot retrieve the original password from it.

Regards

SVK
    Friday, July 24, 2009 11:52 AM
  • so we don't have any way to retrieve the password of the admin, i only need to get the admin password to get control over the remote machine from desktop application  
    Friday, July 24, 2009 12:10 PM
  • There is no way to retrieve the password of the admin since it would create a security hole the size you can sail an aircraft carrier though.
    Friday, July 24, 2009 1:51 PM