none
.Netframework update wil not install RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I am NOT a technical person. I work for a non profit organization and we have been getting automatic update popups fro months regarding an update to .netframework. Every time I tell it to install, it tells me it has not been installed. I keep getting the popups. I do not know if I need this update, or not. I do not know what it is for. I have never seen it on any of my computers at home. And I do not know if I am vulnerable here without having it. But there is no error message. It just says >> Some Updates Could Not Be Installed: MICROSOFT .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework  3.5 Family Update  for .NET versions  2.0 through 3.5  (KB951847) x86.

Can anybody tell me if I need this? And if not, how to get rid of the pop ups? And if so, how to make it install? In a NON-TECHNICAL W PLEASE!!!

Also, would appreciate an email response to gotcc@optimum.net (I have no idea if I will be able to get back into this site again.)

Thank you kindly!!!

• Moved by Rowan Miller Thursday, September 2, 2010 10:46 PM Not related to ADO.Net Entity Framework (From:ADO.NET Entity Framework and LINQ to Entities (Pre-Release))
    Monday, August 30, 2010 1:19 PM

Answers

• Hello,

It should be ok to install latest version of .NET Framework on your machine as some versions of OS considered them as the system component. About this issue, what is your OS? If it is Vista or later, follow the two setps shown below and try reinstalling to see if the issue is fixed.

1. Verify that if you have turned on the feature of .NET Framework.
        (Control Panel - Programs and Features - Turn Windows features on or off - Verify that the box next to Microsoft .NET Framework has been checked)

2. Use Verification Tool to verify .Net Framework has been installed well on your OS. If .Net Framework cannot be verified on your computer, you can try to follow the steps mentioned in this blog to repair the .NET Framework.

If this issue still exists after above two steps, I suggest you post on Windows Update Forum(http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vistawu/threads) so you can get better and quicker response as there are more experts on this kind of issues.

Thanks for your understanding.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Friday, September 3, 2010 4:41 AM