[UWP] file system error -2143322111 RRS feed

• Question

• One of my customers reported a problem where he would get the following error message when trying to open a file:

In order to sort out the problem, the customer did the following:

- Uninstall the app by right clicking on the app (in Start Menu) 
    - Goto Powershell to clean up any cache file of the app package. 
    - Reset the Windows Store (wsreset.exe) 
    - Logout of the Windows Store and relogin. 
    - Install the app from Windows Store.

However, it returns each time the computer is re-started. 

Does anyone have any clue as to what this might be? Any ideas what this file system error actually is?

Thanks,

Tomas

Friday, October 23, 2015 4:44 PM

Answers

• @Tomas,

I would think this is a problem related to your customer's system. Can he open other files instead of just pdf files. In fact I suspect the problem is pending on his system, he may need to repair the installation of his system(Or just the store). 

What about ask him to check the system event logs to see if he can find any details.

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Barry Wang Monday, November 9, 2015 11:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Barry Wang Tuesday, November 10, 2015 1:13 AM
    Monday, October 26, 2015 8:58 AM
  • @Tomas,

I just see that it returns each time the computer restarted. Maybe you also need to ask this customer check the installed software on his OS. Is it possible that it is affecting the files since you are trying to open a file in D: drive. This is not the store app default sandbox environment.

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 11:53 AM

All replies

• @Tomas,

I would think this is a problem related to your customer's system. Can he open other files instead of just pdf files. In fact I suspect the problem is pending on his system, he may need to repair the installation of his system(Or just the store). 

What about ask him to check the system event logs to see if he can find any details.

Best regards,

Barry

Monday, October 26, 2015 8:58 AM
  • @Tomas,

I just see that it returns each time the computer restarted. Maybe you also need to ask this customer check the installed software on his OS. Is it possible that it is affecting the files since you are trying to open a file in D: drive. This is not the store app default sandbox environment.

Best regards,

Barry

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 11:53 AM