none
MISSING FEATURES IN VS 15 RRS feed

• Question

• According to the documentation (NET API Browser) there exists a static method Path.IsPathFullyQualified(string).

My VS 15 does not recognize this method. WHY?

Also, my VS 15 does not see class AesCng. WHY?

I downloaded NET Core 2.2 and NET Framework 4.7, but they did not fix this issue.

What can I do?

• Edited by GiorgioITA Thursday, January 17, 2019 3:51 PM
    Thursday, January 17, 2019 3:50 PM

Answers

• Follow this guide to convert your .NET framework project to .NET Core project.
    • Marked as answer by GiorgioITA Saturday, January 26, 2019 9:30 PM
    Monday, January 21, 2019 1:26 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi GiorgioITA,

Thank you for feedback.

>>1. NET CORE: running dotnet from the command prompt, it reports NET CORE 2.2.102; should be ok?

Could you set the .net core version via Visual Studio Properties? If yes, it's okay.

>>2. NET Framework, project Properties: Indeed it used an older version, I changed to 4.7.2; I do not see any field to set NET CORE in this panel. Then I closed and restarted.

.net framework project is different with the .net core project. Here is a gif shows how to create a .net core application.

If you still do not find the .net Core, please install the .net core part in your Visual Studio.

>>Now the project sees AesCng, but Path.IsPathFullyQualified is still not available.

As what I said in my previous reply, the Path.IsPathFullyQualified works well for .net core application with .net core 2.1, 2.2. You need use the correct platform.

>>My VS 15 | Help | About reports Version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3.

For .net Core 2.2, please update your Visual Studio to the latest version. You could download the latest version from the link below.

https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/downloads/

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 21, 2019 7:04 AM

All replies

• Most likely you created your project as regular .NET framework 4.X projects, and Path.IsPathFullyQualified() does not exist on the regular .NET framework.

Similarly AesCng only exists for .NET v4.6.2 or above, or .NET Core 2.1 or above.

You can check the target framework by right-clicking your project then select "Properties".

Friday, January 18, 2019 3:12 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi GiorgioITA,

Thank you for posting here.

Based on my test, Path.IsPathFullyQualified Method works well on my .net Core 2.2 application. This method applies to .NET Core 2.2 and 2.1. It could not be used on .net framework 4.7. 

Please check the link below.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.io.path.ispathfullyqualified?view=netcore-2.2

And after downloading .net Core 2.2, could you install the .net Core 2.2 well? Could you change the .net Core application version through right click the application, choose Properties and change it in Target framework. Have you install it correctly? .net Core 2.2 installation need more higher version. .NET Core 2.2 is supported by Visual Studio 15.9. Please check the link below.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dotnet/2018/12/04/announcing-net-core-2-2/

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 18, 2019 7:45 AM
  • 1. NET CORE: running dotnet from the command prompt, it reports NET CORE 2.2.102; should be ok?

2. NET Framework, project Properties: Indeed it used an older version, I changed to 4.7.2; I do not see any field to set NET CORE in this panel. Then I closed and restarted.

Now the project sees AesCng, but Path.IsPathFullyQualified is still not available.

My VS 15 | Help | About reports Version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3.

Thank you and best regards

• Edited by GiorgioITA Friday, January 18, 2019 8:52 AM
    Friday, January 18, 2019 8:52 AM
  • Follow this guide to convert your .NET framework project to .NET Core project.
    Monday, January 21, 2019 1:26 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi GiorgioITA,

Thank you for feedback.

>>1. NET CORE: running dotnet from the command prompt, it reports NET CORE 2.2.102; should be ok?

Could you set the .net core version via Visual Studio Properties? If yes, it's okay.

>>2. NET Framework, project Properties: Indeed it used an older version, I changed to 4.7.2; I do not see any field to set NET CORE in this panel. Then I closed and restarted.

.net framework project is different with the .net core project. Here is a gif shows how to create a .net core application.

If you still do not find the .net Core, please install the .net core part in your Visual Studio.

>>Now the project sees AesCng, but Path.IsPathFullyQualified is still not available.

As what I said in my previous reply, the Path.IsPathFullyQualified works well for .net core application with .net core 2.1, 2.2. You need use the correct platform.

>>My VS 15 | Help | About reports Version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3.

For .net Core 2.2, please update your Visual Studio to the latest version. You could download the latest version from the link below.

https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/downloads/

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support

Monday, January 21, 2019 7:04 AM