Getting error while Hosting the site RRS feed

• Question

• User-1861812823 posted

I Have created a web application ,which accesses the database from the .mdf file which i created in the VS 2008.

I am unable to connect to the mdf file.

In the local environment it is working fine,but when i try to host it on our test server.

we are getting the following error.

A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.)

Please Check it and let me know the work around.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 10:05 AM

All replies

• User176332441 posted

in your local environment you might have placed the mdf file in app_data folder,(i assume)

in the hosting environment you have to create the sql database given to you by the hosting provider.

You can easily create sql statements for your existing database and recreate in the hosting sql database. And finally you have to change the connection according. Your hosting provider may provide the connection strings.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 11:19 AM
  • User-1861812823 posted

In the hosting environment,for the  application there is no provision for using the SqlServer Database.

Is there any other mode of configuring the .mdf file,in the hosting company.

Thanks

Sudheer P.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 11:37 PM