none
Win 8.1 not showing any printers or devices RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to run a printer driver test with windows 8.1

The server can see the client computer and I can change the state to ready. However when I go to selections the printer and devices are empty. It doesn't show the printer I installed or any devices on the system at all.

How do I resolve this problem? (I have been successful with Windows 7 and Windows 10 with the Win 10 server application).

-Max

Monday, March 14, 2016 2:40 PM

All replies

• I can see software devices, and the system on the selection screen but the devices and printers and device manager are empty. The devices and printers pane on the Windows 8.1 client clearly shows the installed printer.
    Monday, March 14, 2016 4:55 PM
  • Check the device manager and click on 'Repair device' to find any drivers needed. 

Post the results.

Monday, March 14, 2016 5:08 PM
  • I had one device, SM Buss controller that needed a driver. I added the driver for that device. Deleted the machine and let the server detect the client again, no change still no devices and printers or device manager devices.

I uninstalled the printer and then reinstalled (USB Plug and Play). Deleted the machine and let the server detect the client again, no change still no devices and printers or device manager devices.

Still not able to see any of the devices listed on the client computer.

-Max

Monday, March 14, 2016 8:29 PM