Unable to un-install my application RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have compiled a setup cab for my windows mobile app. When I try to uninstall this app on Pocket PC, I get message "XXXX was not completely removed . do you want to remove it from the list of installed programs ?"

Any idea on why I would get this message on uninstall? Its been a real pain.

Thanks
    Monday, February 8, 2010 8:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Tek_Tim,

The reason might be a creation of files while running application. 

Suppose you installed aaplication & launched application. Somewhere in application you are triggering event to create new file (say "abc.txt"). 

If this "abc.txt" file is created in your applications folder then while Uninstalltion process it would not get deleted. 

Thanks, Mohsin Shaikh. If you find my post is helpful for you then mark it as answer.
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 6:10 AM
  • Hi Mohsin,

I am not creating any text file. All I am doing is installing and un-installing the application. Should I delete all the dlls and configs and exe before uninstalling the app through custom set up dll?

Thanks

Apurv
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 2:14 PM
  • Hi Apurv,

Yes you can do that. See THIS for more information regarding with Setup DLL.

Thanks, Mohsin Shaikh. If you find my post is helpful for you then mark it as answer.
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 4:31 AM