none
How can I Specify Multiple destination on Bing Maps and get Longitude and Latitude of them at the same time? RRS feed

• Question

• I have the Longitude and latitude data of the points of the city in the sql database and I want user can select several destinations on the Bing map(In general, only one destination can be specified), and according to the originals in the database and these destinations,these send to api and it give the matrix of time between origins and destinations.I have an MVC(C#) Application and I use Bing Maps in my app

please help me
    Thanks

• Edited by Nazanin.Eb Wednesday, July 17, 2019 4:15 AM
    Tuesday, July 16, 2019 9:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Nazanin,

Can you tell us more about your application?  Is it Web or Windows? Is your SQL database in Azure?

In general, I recommend looking at https://www.bing.com/api/maps/sdkrelease/mapcontrol/isdk and looking in the left menu for some ideas.  For example https://www.bing.com/api/maps/sdkrelease/mapcontrol/isdk/customizeclusteredpushpins  shows aggregated points you can then drill into but there are other samples that might be more relevant.

Can you provide more details of what you are creating?

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Thursday, July 18, 2019 3:51 PM
    Owner
  • Hi.Thanks for reply

my program is web app with MVC and my database is sql. in one page of my program,  I embed microsoft bing and I want user can specify multiple point(destination) on map and get langitude and latitude of them at the same time that can save in a matrix. and according latitude and longitud of origins that saved in my database and these coordinations of destinations get the matrix of time between whole origins and destinations.Indeed, I want to be able, when user specify address on map, coordination of it automatically save in matrix for calculate time duration of origins and destinations.The user may specify several addresses.

thanks

• Edited by Nazanin.Eb Friday, July 19, 2019 12:39 PM
    Friday, July 19, 2019 12:27 PM
  • Hi Nazanin,

You will need to write the code to interact with the map and the database but the web control can definitely support multiple points and you can get event notifications as well.

Did you look at the left menu of the link to the iSDK I provided above?  There is a sample for map events that should be very helpful to you as well.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Friday, July 19, 2019 8:20 PM
    Owner
  • Hi

Yes, I saw, but I did not find anything to get the coordinations of several addresses together.

when select several addresses in diresctions, map will show coordinations of points seperately. now, I want coordinations of them together.Can you tell me how can I get the geographical coordinates of the points by the address entered in the direction with code? 

Thanks

• Edited by Nazanin.Eb Tuesday, July 23, 2019 3:57 AM
    Sunday, July 21, 2019 6:58 AM
  • Hi. I found that I should  customize directions input panel for get addresses that are specified in the destination, but the directions input panel is not customizable. due to this, how do I get addressess coordinations from destinations?

Thanks

• Edited by Nazanin.Eb Sunday, July 21, 2019 2:56 PM
    Sunday, July 21, 2019 1:15 PM
  • Hi Nazanin,

You can certainly create your own input panel. If you are looking to calculate a route with multiple stops you will want to use waypoints.

You can read about ViaWaypoint and Waypoints at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/bingmaps/rest-services/routes/calculate-a-route

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Monday, July 22, 2019 4:01 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks so much
    Wednesday, July 24, 2019 3:34 AM
  • You are very welcome!
    Wednesday, July 24, 2019 3:46 PM
    Owner