none
How to get accelerometer data @100Hz on Windows8 Slate PC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am a newbye in Windows8+Sensors development so forgive me if i ask the wrong questions.

Goal:

I need to collect accelerometer data (and gyro later) at 100Hz (more or less) in "desktop" mode (NOT Metro) in a C# app

I am using a Samsung SlatePC XE700 where i installed windows8 

I am trying to use the sample code included in the Windows API Code Pack 1.1.

Problem getting data at 100hz

i am setting the accelerometer ReportInterval at 10ms (accel.ReportInterval = 10;) but the property return always "16"

also, i am noticing that the callback DataReport_Changed is called only when the data changes, at the maximum (when i move the device) seems like 5 times/sec( 5Hz). 

i tried to poll the sensor using a timer and accel.UpdateData and i do get 100 reading (obviously since i am using a timer and synchronous call) but it seems the values are not updated every time even though i call UpdateData .

Questions:

- is what i am doing correct?

- what is the best way to get 100Hz out of an accelerometer, if possible. or any workaround? 5Hz is not really usable for almost anything serious....

****Bug report****

I am using the sample code "AccelerationMeasurement" in the code pack, and it fails for a casting problem.

It seems the low level COM component is returning double values as accelerations, whereas the class Acceleration3D is trying to cast the values to float, hence the crash. i had to change the ctor public Acceleration3D(SensorReport report) to correctly use double instead of float.

Thank you so much for your attention,

Joseph

Saturday, April 7, 2012 2:17 AM