none
Adapter Pack SDK empty messages RRS feed

• Question

• I am implementing a One Way Inbound operation in a custom LOB Adapter and everything works except that my host receives the message as an empty message... all zeros and blanks.  In my IInboundHandler.TryReceive I can see the message exectly as I expect it when debugging or tracing.  I populate the message parameter (which is an out parameter) exactly like in the Echo example.  Everything looks fine, except the client receives an empty message. 

This is a one way inbound operation, which I've not found a lot of information on.  Any ideas where I could be going wrong?  Do I need to do something with my InboundReply (which I do contruct) even though this is one way?

-Dan

If this answers your question, please Mark as Answer
    Monday, August 22, 2011 3:02 PM

Answers

• The WCF (including SvcUtil.exe) don't like Unqualified elements in schemas.  I tried to make a data contract with SvcUtil and it told me as much.  After simply changing my XSD to be Qualified as the ElementFormDefault I was 1) able to use SvcUtil to generate my data contact and 2) use the overload that takes an object (i.e. NOT use the XmlSerializer).  Good to know.

-Dan

• Marked as answer by Dan Rosanova Monday, August 22, 2011 4:55 PM
    Monday, August 22, 2011 4:55 PM

All replies

• OK, here's the deal.  If I use the overload that takes an object it doesn't work, even if the object is populated the way I expect.  If I use the XML Serializer and pass in an XmlReader it works fine.  I did notice that my namespace for my complex type is absent when I do this.  But it seems to work somehow with no errors on either side.

-Dan

Monday, August 22, 2011 3:16 PM
  • The WCF (including SvcUtil.exe) don't like Unqualified elements in schemas.  I tried to make a data contract with SvcUtil and it told me as much.  After simply changing my XSD to be Qualified as the ElementFormDefault I was 1) able to use SvcUtil to generate my data contact and 2) use the overload that takes an object (i.e. NOT use the XmlSerializer).  Good to know.

-Dan

• Marked as answer by Dan Rosanova Monday, August 22, 2011 4:55 PM
    Monday, August 22, 2011 4:55 PM