none
language support for style hasn't been installed

Question

• Hi everyone,

I have installed visual studio 2015 professional edition.

Now everytime I open my website project, a warning comes up which says
    "The visual studio language support for Style Has not been installed. Code-editing intellisense will not be available. Markup intellisense for server controls may not work".

I have already tried to reinstall visual studio (including unistall /force), didnt work.

In addition I found that this command "Devenv /ResetSkipPkgs" on the cmd should fix the problem but it didn't work either.

Thanks for any help!

Regards

Liad

Friday, March 11, 2016 8:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Liad,

Do you installed the latest VS2015 version with update 1? If not, please install the latest version and update package.

>>The visual studio language support for Style Has not been installed. Code-editing intellisense will not be available. Markup intellisense for server controls may not work.

Could you get the JavaScript editor under TOOLS->Options->Text Editor?

I met the same error as yours before, this is causes by updating "Tools for Universal Windows Apps Development".

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/8bf4304a-fcc2-40f7-9165-298abd4e02e8/visual-studio-2015-html-editor-not-recognizing-script-languages?forum=visualstudiogeneral

If possible, you could check it in your side.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 14, 2016 2:58 AM
  • Hi Jack,

Thank you for your answer.

First of all I've installed vs2015 update 1.

Second, I've tried the solutions that are represent in the link you sent and it didn't work out.

In addition, I did get the javascript editor in the Text editor, but on the other hand I couldn't get the HTML or the CSS editor.

I guesss that's the problem, isn't it?

Do you know how to solve it?

Thank you for your assistance.

Liad

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 10:08 PM
  • Hi Liad,

Actually I didn't setup the VS2015 professional Environment, but I really test it in my VS2015 Enterprise and community version, they all have the CSS or the HTML editor.

As far as I know, the VS2015 professional would support all the features of the Community version, so I think it would have those editors. 

Click Help menu->about VS, and then check all installed products, whether you could get the following options?

Maybe you could re-download the ISO file, re-install it again in your side. At least, we could know that whether it is related to the setup file. Of course, we could compare the SHA-1 Values:

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/visual-studio-2015-iso-sha1-vs.aspx

In addition, I will setup the VS2015 pro version tomorrow, I will update it my reply if I get any latest information in my side.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, March 17, 2016 11:47 AM
  • Hi Jack,

I checked what you said and I don't have the "ASP.NET and Web Tools for visual studio 2015.1 (beta8)" option in the menu.

In addition I want to clarify something that probably misunderstood (my fault),

I tried to install visual studio community and enterprise and got the same problem, it isn't something related to VS2015 professional edition specificly, but to VS2015 generally.

Regards 

Liad

Thursday, March 17, 2016 8:08 PM
  • Hi Liad,

As far as I know, it would be an extension tool which provides the latest Web Developer Tools for ASP.NET:

https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/c94a02e9-f2e9-4bad-a952-a63a967e3935

If possible, you could download and install it in your side. Check it again.

For the beta 8 version, maybe it was an old version:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-hk/download/details.aspx?id=49442

Best Regards,

Jack

Friday, March 18, 2016 7:03 AM
  • Hi Jack,

I've installed the ASP.NET and web tools 2015 and it solved my problem

Thank you very much! 

Regards

Liad

Friday, March 18, 2016 5:02 PM
  • Hi Liad,

Glad to know that this issue has been resolved, if so, would you please mark the useful reply as the answer? So it would be helpful for other members who meet the same issue, and I could close this case for you.

Sincerely,

Jack

Monday, March 21, 2016 2:56 AM