Is there any human readable information on how to use Amazon API with MVC 5? RRS feed

• Question

• User453286268 posted

I am looking through the very long PDF given out by Amazon for developers. I am scanning through it but see no actual information on how to use the API with any form of C# web application. In fact the information looks like it has been written by someone who does not even understand the concept of communication.

Is there any form of information anywhere at all that relates to how to using the Amazon API (successfully) with real C# web applications? I would say MVC 5 but, to be honest, just some form of information of any kind that relates to using this with C# (that relates to this millennium) would be helpful. I am not talking about anything that can be found with search engines. I have search engines already. I am talking of information relating to actually getting the Amazon API to actually work on an actual C# web application like MVC 5. Something written in human readable English language would be a must.

Saturday, November 7, 2015 3:33 PM

All replies

• User177399542 posted

Hi lolzoid

Have you checked these?

http://odetocode.com/articles/158.aspx

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/4864/Amazon-Explorer-An-adventure-with-ASP-NET-the-Amaz

Saturday, November 7, 2015 11:32 PM
  • User453286268 posted

I didn't actually mention it in my question but I was after stuff that was recent. The getting started guide even makes reference to using VS2005. I am looking for resources that are recent. The best I have managed to do so far is use some kind of REST request based on the scratch pad JAVA code. That is using a SignedRequestHelper class found on one of the downloads pages. I would rather use SOAP.

The documentation for Amazon's prod avt API is dreadful for C#. I am literally just using a REST call to the API and RAW XmlDocument type stuff. I hate having to reinvent new things just because people's documentation is so ridiculously dire. 

Monday, November 9, 2015 1:03 PM