[Azure MLPS] Import JSON RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to use the Import-AmlExperimentGraph of Azure ML's PowerShell Utility to automate my workflow. I need to create almost similar graphs with variable number of nodes (which I plan to add based on some other input). I was able to Export and existing experiment and import correctly without any issues. I also tweaked the graph by removing some xml  part with identified the position of the nodes on the layer etc the graph was imported correctly. However, I was not able to change the NodeIds and some other identifiers (change was consistent throughout where ever the node was referenced). Is there a format that the node ids follow (e.g some hash function etc) or some documentation which I can follow that mentions the optional and required parameters of the graph elements.

Regards,

Vinaya Mandke

• Edited by vmandke Wednesday, October 26, 2016 5:19 AM
    Wednesday, October 26, 2016 5:18 AM

Answers

• Yes. You should be able to do that. Although it won't be very straightforward as you have to parse and construct JSON manually. You will have an easier time if you programmatically modify a JSON file instead of creating a new one. But yes, it is possible.
    • Edited by Hai Ning Wednesday, October 26, 2016 3:44 PM
    • Marked as answer by vmandke Tuesday, November 1, 2016 11:35 AM
    Wednesday, October 26, 2016 3:43 PM

All replies

• NodeId is a random GUID plus an integer. It really shouldn't matter as long as it is consistent.

I suggest that you manually construct the experiment and add the nodes you want. Then you export the JSON and compare it to what you have to find out the discrepancies.

• Proposed as answer by Hai Ning Wednesday, October 26, 2016 2:10 PM
    Wednesday, October 26, 2016 2:10 PM
  • So I can programatically create the JSON graph and save it as an Experiment ?
    Wednesday, October 26, 2016 3:39 PM
  • Yes. You should be able to do that. Although it won't be very straightforward as you have to parse and construct JSON manually. You will have an easier time if you programmatically modify a JSON file instead of creating a new one. But yes, it is possible.
    • Edited by Hai Ning Wednesday, October 26, 2016 3:44 PM
    • Marked as answer by vmandke Tuesday, November 1, 2016 11:35 AM
    Wednesday, October 26, 2016 3:43 PM